Monday, October 8, 2012

Music Review

So as most of you know, I love music.  Music, for me, is a way to escape, to unwind, to clear my head.  I can sit and listen to music for hours, listening to the lyrics and instrumentals that make up a great song or smash hit.

Growing up I always had music coming from the stereo in my room.  It didn't matter what kind... I listened to John Melloncamp, Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen (Thanks to Dad); James Taylor and Fleetwood Mac (Thanks to Uncle Tony) and of course the boy bands of the 90's (Thanks to my generation).  I've always had a soft spot for country music, though, and that interest has flourished into a full blown love affair.  I am obsessed.  I still listen to the artists I grew up on and even attended Bruce Springsteen's latest tour- The Wrecking Ball Tour at the Meadowlands in New Jersey (WHAT. A. SHOW.)

But over the past 10 years or so I've been hooked on Country Music.  Falling in love with Rascal Flatts' Melt Album (2002) and Toby Keith's Shock'n Y'all Album (2003) and then attending both of those tours, there was no turning back.  Those artists are still among my top favorites today!

For me, country music does not just produce songs, it produces stories.  Those stories reflect real people, experiences, and life.  I love being able to relate to a song's lyrics. 

Working for a country music radio station these past months has been simply amazing.  The things I've learned about the industry are invaluable and the perks are obviously unbelievable for a country nut like me.

I have a soft spot for acoustic songs.  My favorite part about working at the radio station is when new artists come in to promote their new single and get on the radio.  There's something about new artists that I love.  I think it's the fact that their heads aren't big enough to be unappreciative of the things that helped their success along the way.  This is the part I miss most since getting a full time job and only working at the station on weekends.  

Stay tuned for my reviews of new releases, including Little Big Town's Tornado, Jerrod Niemann's Free the Music, Jason Aldean's Night Train (coming October 16), Eden's Edge's self-titled debut album (I've met them twice- they're the nicest people and great performers, they deserve their own post), and my favorite newcomer, Thomas Rhett!


Here are some of my favorites right now (doesn't necessarily mean they're new):


Florida Georgia Line: Cruise
This is a new song out on country radio and it's going to be a hit!!!




Eden's Edge: Who Am I Drinking Tonight?

 



Jerrod Niemann: Shining On Me




Lady Antebellum: I Was Here





1 comment:

  1. Ah I fell in love with country music my freshman year in college - haven't looked back since :) So cool /crazy you are still working for the radio station - what an insane schedule. I don't think I could handle that! Werk it KL!
    SH

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...