Oh mannn, this game has been getting a lot of hype this week. Traditionally the Alabama- Tennessee rivalry is known as "The Third Saturday in October". Historically, one program will dominate the rivalry for years and then the tables will turn for the next few years and continue the vicious cycle. As you could predict, Alabama is on their winning streak, winning the last 6 games against Tennessee.
Tennessee is a program that is slowly, but surely rebuilding "Brick by Brick". They've struggled the past few years, but I honestly think that Coach Butch Jones is the perfect guy to turn things around on ole Rocky Top. The Vols have shown their hard work and improvement over the last few weeks after being so close to upsetting, then ranked #6, Georgia and coming out on top over a ranked South Carolina team. This is the first time the Vols have defeated top ranked opponents in years. It's going to take time, but they're doing it, and I'm so excited to see the program transform.
Everyone knows Alabama is the Power House team. Not only in the SEC, but throughout the country. (I don't think Oregon gets enough credit, but that's a whole other issue entirely!) They're back to back National Champions and undefeated, so far, this season.
As much as I want to see continued success for Tennessee, I don't think the Vols can pull off the upset against the force-to-be-reckoned-with in Tuscaloosa. I really hope I'm wrong though!
What games are you excited to watch this weekend! It's sure to be a great fall, football weekend!
I'm going to have to DVR this game because I'll be at the Rutgers Homecoming game!! Ru Rah Rah!! ;)
Linking up with Sarah for Fan Friday!

I agree with you, Oregon doesn't get enough credit. But the Noles have been just BLOWING OUT decent teams. If I were in charge of rankings, I would honestly have 1. Florida State 2. Oregon 3. Bama. I just don't think Alabama is as good as everyone says, they're going to lose this year. I'm not sure that Florida State nor Oregon will lose.... but who knows!
ReplyDeleteIf the Vols were the home team this weekend, I really think that they may have a chance. But alas, they're away and that makes so much of a difference in college football. OK I'M OUT! Sorry for leaving you a novel long comment! :)