Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Where I've Been

I know I've been really absent from blog-land in the past few months, not only here, but with reading other blogs as well, and I've really missed it.  I just felt uninspired about things to write about and what direction I wanted my blog to go.  Though I haven't figured it all out yet, I wanted to start writing again- whether it was sports, music, traveling or just stories to share.  I'm still thinking about re-branding- either coming up with a new name, which I have some ideas for, or incorporating this blog into my professional website, but ultimately decided to give this space a little face lift for the time being.

Last you heard, I was moving to Louisiana for graduate school.  That happened and I loveddd it.  I formed a great, close-knit group of friends, loved my job, and was thoroughly impressed that I wasn't completely living in the boonies.  But what I wanted was bigger than Monroe, Louisiana.  I had moved there sorta on a whim with the first opportunity I was given because I was soo hungry for a change.  I spent weeks weighing my options and seeing what would be best for me personally and professionally.  It wasn't easy.  But after my hot water heater busted while I was visiting home, I took it as a sign to GTFO. I packed up the things that survived (the hot water sat for days before anyone realized what happened, yuck!) and moved to Athens, Georgia.  I will be continuing my education at the University of Georgia and could not be more excited to be a part of Bulldog Nation, though I'm definitely going to miss the numerous drive-thru daiquiri places in Louisiana.
I hope you'll follow along as I explore the wonderful town of Athens, my passion for sports grows, and I navigate through my twenties trying to figure out who I am and make a name for myself'.


2 comments:

  1. Excited for you girl! Sometimes you just aren't sure where you're headed until it all makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back blogging! I don't think I knew that you moved to GA... so exciting!! Can't wait to hear more about it here on the blog. I think you're pretty freakin' awesome for going wherever your spirit moves... smart girl!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...