Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico | Just the 5 of Us

This was the first time my sisters and I have had the same spring break since I was in high school, so our parents decided to take us on a family vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  It was the first vacation we’ve taken just the five of us in a long time- my sisters and I have brought friends on previous trips or we’ve gone with other families.  With a week-long open bar, how could you not have the best time with your favorite people?
We arrived to our resort, Riu Palace, on Sunday and headed straight to the bar before exploring the resort and heading to the pool for the afternoon. 

Monday was spent basking in the sun on the beach, with a steady flow of cocktails. 
We spent Tuesday morning and early afternoon on an excursion to see the “Cabo Arch” and surrounding beaches.  They were beautiful.  We also saw tons of sea lions swimming in the water and some were very close to our boat.  We then explored downtown Cabo a bit, did some shopping and went to the famous Cabo Wabo Cantina.  Wednesday was another day spent by the pool and laying out in the sun.  Is there anything better than that?  I think not.  This time of year is whale-mating season, which makes it great for whale watching.  We saw a good number whales from our resort, which was awesome.  Of course I was never quick enough with the camera, though!

Thursday was a day of activity.  We had an amazing time riding horses through parts of the desert and on the beach.  Galloping horses on the beach was like a dream come true for me- it was so amazing!  We then rented dune-buggies and road around the trails.  We laughed the entire time.  I would highly recommend Catus for tours like this.  They were great and our tour guide was awesome!  
Friday got a whole lot of crazy.  All I’m going to say is, what happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico, and leave it at that…

Really though, the vacation was so wonderful- filled with lots of sunshine, laughs, cocktails, great food, and of course, family time.  I really cherish the time we have, just the five of us, more so especially since I don’t live close.  I love my sisters and parents so much, they’re some of my greatest friends!  And plus, you really can't beat a view like this for a week:


We’re extremely lucky to be going on another vacation to Europe, just the five of us, later this spring!  I already can’t wait for that!


 photo post signature_zpsyd6xzwtd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...