Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

As a new blogger I feel as though I can not have this recent natural disaster come and go without commenting on it, especially since it has hit close to home and effected so many people that I love.

We were very fortunate to not lose power and have no damage.  Lots of family and friends were not as fortunate:
    • Two cases of trees falling on parts of houses and other trees falling
    • Most without power since early Monday evening (Oct. 29)
    • Beach houses taking on water, completely under water or washed away
    • and other damages.  

The winds during the storm were intense.  I took videos that did not capture any images, just the beating sound of the wind.  The neighbor's trees were blowing half way over and one eventually fell.

Kristine and I watching Hurricane Sandy from Kaylee's bedroom window!  
(Mom turned the lights on to take the picture!)

The aftermath images of the Jersey Shore are absolutely heart breaking.  It no longer exists.  No boardwalks, no beaches, none of our favorite bars or eatery's.  It's devastating.  Memories upon memories of days, weekends, and vacations soaking up the fun in the sun are all that's left. 




This video of New Jersey Governor, Chris Christie, brought tears to my eyes.  You can see by his expression, just how devastating this is.



Governor Christie tweeted, "We will rebuild the Shore. It may not be the same, but we will rebuild.  #Sandy"

It's time for New Jersey to show the rest of the country and world that the Jersey Shore is not just about fist pumping, tanning, and getting drunk! We're Jersey Strong!

Everyone who has been greatly effected by Hurricane Sandy, with physical or emotional damage is in my thoughts and prayers.


Side Note:  Is anyone else freaked out by the fact that in the movie "2012" NY flooded in October? 
 I didn't believe the world was going to end until now!


2 comments:

  1. Hey - did you hear about this NJ student from Rutgers: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/strangers-raise-56k-help-kids-whose-parents-died-180400036.html
    - SH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stephanie I heard the story after I wrote this post and it made me cry! Such a sad story!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...