Thursday, January 31, 2013

A New Country Music Listener's Playlist

One of my college roommates, Dana, has been relocated to Chicago and now Las Vegas since graduation.  If you know Dana, you know how out of her comfort zone this is, but with this change and whirlwind of new experiences she has decided to expand her musical interests as well.  When she told me that she had been listening to country music and was actually liking it, I was ecstatic.  She has been resisting for the past four years, acting like her ears were bleeding every time I put on a country song.  I knew I had to make her a few CDs to properly introduce her to the genre.  I wanted her to hear my favorites and not be able to turn back.  You can still keep Drake on your iPod though, Dai. 

This was obviously a daunting task.  Before I knew it I had 80 songs on the playlist both old and new, some smash hits and some of my personal favorites.  How was I going to cut down the list?  I wanted to give her a variety of styles and artists, but not too much that she would get overwhelmed.  I had to choose carefully.  And this is what I came up with (in no particular order):


Side Note:  I included all of Chris Young's Neon album and my favorite 15 songs of Jason Aldean's because I knew Dana would like them and they are among my top favorites right now! :)

Don't worry Kate, I'll be burning you this playlist next! :)


What are your favorite Country Music songs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...