Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Path to a Healthy Life

I dont like to call this a "weight loss journey" because my story is so much more than the pounds I've shed.  It's a new lifestyle that I've chosen.  One that I love and am so happy with.  I hope you'll be inspired by my story and join me on this path to a healthy life!
I've always struggled with my weight.  I've always been chunky- self conscious of my double chin, muffin top/love handles and thunder thighs (even though my legs are my favorite feature!).  I can honestly say that more times than not I was trying to suck it in- worried about the rolls or bulges that might form under clothing.

Obesity tends to run in my family and though I never considered myself to be obese, I refused to let that be an option for me.  During high school and college I didn't have enough self control or motivation to make a lifestyle change since binge drinking and late night pizza were a higher priority.  I looked at members of my family and knew I didn't want that to be me.  I was determined to take control because I knew I was the only one who could make the change and be proactive about my health for later in life.  Enter AdvoCare.

When I left Louisiana I was the heaviest I'd ever been- and I was probably the heaviest I'd been when I got there too.  I needed a change.  My life was finally heading in a direction I'd been wanting and working for since I was, like, 20.  I was following my dreams- for me.  Finding happiness- for me.  I know I needed to make a health change- for me too.  I had success and felt great with the 24 Day Challenge before but just wasn't in a good place in my life to make it a permanent change.

I knew now was a better time.  I ordered the products, meal prepped and started following the meal plan.  I started the challenge on the Monday after 4th of July.  I lost 7.5 lbs and 11 inches after the 10-day cleanse phase and felt GREAT!!!  I continued through the burn phase for the next 14 days and wound up losing a total of 14.5 lbs and 18 inches in 24 days!!!!

I was sooo excited, felt great, and loved the results I saw throughout the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge, which I completed at the beginning of August.  I was still not near my goal weight and was looking forward to more results.  I have continued on to the 72 Day Challenge and I'm currently down a total of 19 lbs and I'm sure a bunch more inches (I haven't measured).

I'm not going to lie, since finishing the 24 Day Challenge I have had a few "cheat meals".  But I love that this program is easy to get back on track with.  If I have a slip up, I don't lose too much sleep over it and just keep going as planned the next day!  It's a lifestyle change, not a diet.  I'm changing my lifestyle and I'm completely happy with having 1-2 cheats a week.  I don't feel deprived at all.

I've bought a few things that are 1-2 sizes smaller than usual (I'm sometimes between 2 sizes).  But don't plan to do too much shopping until I hit my goal!  The pants I have that usually give me a little muffin top are loose even after they've just been washed!

An added boost of motivation came last week when I realized a noticeable difference in my face... before and after pictures don't lie.  But this isn't an after picture, it's a progress picture! :)  (And let me tell you, it has taken a lot of convincing to post this picture on the internet!!! yikes!)


But seriously guys, I FEEL GREAT!!!  There's no other way to put it.  I'm exercising, eating right/healthy/delicious meals and seeing great results.  If you're intrigued by my story I'd love to help you feel as great as I do and find your way to a healthy lifestyle.  I can provide lots of information about AdvoCare and the 24 Day Challenge Program as well as a complete grocery list and meal plan (complete with day-to-day schedules) and even personal coaching!  :)

Join me on my path to a healthy life!


6 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you girlfriend!!! :) Changing your whole lifestyle is SUCH a tough thing to do, but so awesome and rewarding!! Keep it up, you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'm on Day 9 and have lost ten pounds so far and feel amazing! LOVE AdvoCare!
    Ann
    http://annstersdomain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, awesome job!! I have to say I'm SO ridiculously envious of your energy... I haven't found that yet but am hopefully getting there. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of AdvoCare just yet but that's such a swaying factor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! Always nice to have proof of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! You can definitely see the difference in your face. Keep up the great work! :)

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome progress! Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...