We got up early Monday morning (May 18th) and headed straight to the Eiffel Tower. When we got off the Metro and looked to our right, there she was, a few blocks away and through some trees. It was almost like the slight glimpse I had gotten the day before through our adventures, but I could tell that I was much closer. I was so excited I started walking faster and faster until I could see the whole thing- top to bottom with nothing obstructing my view. I think I've only ever felt smaller when standing beside the ocean (name that song). I love how the Eiffel Tower is located across the street from the river and that it's surrounded by grass and trees making you feel like you're in a park.

We first waited in line for tickets to the top. We didn't have to wait that long, which was great. We took the elevator to the 2nd level and looked at the amazing views of Paris from there before venturing to the tippy top!! The weather on this day was a little overcast and had a chance of rain, but luckily it held out. It was really windy up there though on the west side, and not as much from the east side. It's amazing how far you can see up there. I feel like I could see the whole entire city and I loved that- seeing how far it spread.



On the way down we stopped to see if there was any availability to have lunch in the tower and lucky for us, there was!!! I was so excited about this. I had tried to get reservations, but they were booked and then tried again that morning and she said to check back for availability later in the day. I think we got lucky and went there at an off time, because there was plenty of room in the restaurant at that time. The meal was great and it was just so much fun to be sitting in there and admiring the views.

When we ventured back down to the bottom we went out to the lawn to really admire and get a full view of the Eiffel Tower. This is where we took an even more absurd amount of pictures. We sat in the grass and took it all in for a while before venturing across the bridge for different views.



At this point we headed to see the love lock bridge, which was actually a little disappointing since it was all boarded up and filled with graffiti. There were only a few sections of the bridge where you could still see the locks. This makes more sense now since two weeks later the bridge is literally being torn down. I can't believe it.
We then headed to a really cute and quaint part of the city located outside of the St. Michael stop on the Metro. The streets had shops and restaurants with adorable outdoor seating, like you'd see in movies with scenes in Paris. We wound up finding restaurants like this everywhere throughout this vacation and I absolutely loved it. We sat outside at a cute little place at the corner of a cobblestone and pedestrian only street. We had a wonderful cheese fondue and wine, because Paris! It was simply amazing, so delicious. While we were eating the anticipated rain started, but thankfully didn't last long allowing us to make our way back to the Eiffel Tower to see it lit up and sparkle.
By the time we made it back, the rain continued to be on and off a bit, but I didn't mind because the sky turned a gorgeous blue and the Eiffel Tower lit up and sparkling is even more magical than I could have imagined. We stood there in awe for a long time and then order the most delicious crepes I've ever tasted from the stand on the corner next to the carousel. I don't know what made these crepes better than all the others (probably the loads of Nutella), but my goodness, my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it.

When the rain really started to pick up again, that's when we headed back to the hotel. What a day admiring the Eiffel Tower. She's really a beaut!






I love that you spent so much of your day there... love love love! Can't wait to get myself there!!
ReplyDelete