Friday, August 23, 2013

CFB Preview :: National Championship Prospects

I don't know about you, but I literally can not wait for football to start!  ONE. MORE. WEEK.  I can't wait to be able to talk about actual games and performances rather than what might happen.

And ironically, today I'm talking about who my top prospects for the BCS National Championship are.

It's no secret that the favorites going into the season are Alabama and Ohio State.  They both have definitely proved they have the talent on their roster to be the best.

You can't knock the dynasty that Nick Saban continues to build at Alabama.  The University of Alabama has won 3 National Championships in the past 4 years.  They have one more year with some key play makers, like Quarterback AJ McCarron, Running Back TJ Yeldon, and Wide Receiver Amari Cooper still on the roster.  If they can win at least 10 or 11 games, I'm sure they'll be heading to Pasadena to compete for the title yet again!

And what about Urban Meyer's Buckeyes?  Braxton Miller and Philly Brown have great QB/WR chemistry.  Despite lots of close games, Ohio State had an undefeated 2012 season.  They were banned from post season play and therefore did not compete in the National Championship Game. Bummer.  If it wasn't for that, a game of The University of Alabama vs Ohio State University could have been played out last season.

But is anyone seeing any upsets?

Since the SEC Media Days I've fallen more in love with (code for became a bigger fan of) The University of Georgia. Fun Fact: My Grandpa played at UGA in the 50's before having an injury and later getting drafted into the Korean War.  I know I said that I was impressed with the University of Tennessee and I was, but we all know they have a lot of work to do before they get to the National Championship.


Back to the University of Georgia.  They were one defensive stand away from beating Alabama in the 2012 SEC Championship game.  They're going to be a dominate force in the SEC this year.  It's going to be interesting to see who makes it to the SEC Championship game and then who potentially goes onto Pasadena for the National Championship Title.  Aaron Murray is an outstanding Quarterback and was just voted 1st team all-conference by the coaches of the SEC, beating out Manziel and McCarron.  I would love to see the Dawgs make it to Pasadena for Murray's last season!  
If smiles could win football games..... :)

The SEC as a whole is a dominant conference.  No doubt.  There's a lot of rebuilding going on with 4 new coaches, but there's also a lot of power.  The University of Alabama, The University of Georgia, and The University of Florida all have the potential to go all. the. way.

Other schools that are going to be on my radar as National Championship hopefuls are Oregon, Texas A&M, Clemson, South Carolina, Stanford, & Notre Dame.  Each of these teams have the potential and talent to make it to Pasadena, but they also have difficult schedules to over come.  It only takes a few upsets in a particular team's favor and BAM!, National Championship Game!  

I'm just so excited for the season to start and see how it all plays out!!!

Who do you see in the National Championship Game?

I predict The University of Georgia vs. Ohio State University.
They're both hungry for a title!!! 





Today I'm linking up with Sarah from Venus Trapped in Mars for Fan Friday! :)

Venus Trapped in Mars

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do a similar post to this, and I may do it for next fan friday. I want to Call the winners of NFL and NCAA... and see how accurate I was at the end of everything. Probably not even close.

    You may hate me when I say this, because it many people's eyes it makes me a terrible fan, but I hate everyone in the SEC that isn't named Tennessee. How terrible is that!!! So many people say... I'm just happy an SEC team won.... NO!! I want my vols to win and no one else!! :)

    But I think the aggies are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SEC is always stacked. I think the winner of the Alabama vs. A&M game has the best chance to win the National Championship. I do wish they were playing later in the season though! I'm sure there will be some upsets in the SEC. Hopefully they don't all beat each other up too much to mess up BCS rankins.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...