Friday, August 2, 2013

Football Friday!! >> Proud RU Fan!!!

I know I've been talking a lot about the SEC lately.  But that doesn't mean I've forgotten about my beloved Scarlet Knights!!

I've been a Rutgers Football fan and attending games for as long as I can remember.  Rutgers is some-what of a family tradition with my mom, 2 uncles and 3 older cousins all attending the University.  Rutgers, to me, is more than my alma matter.  Rutgers is something that I associate with friends, family, football, my childhood, many memories and countless other blessings in my life.  And on top of all that, Rutgers gave me the best four years of my life!
Wearing a Rutgers sweatshirt circa 1993

Graduation 2012

Rutgers University's Football team has had its ups and downs throughout the past decade or so.  And I've been there through it all.  In a way, I grew up on the banks.  Not only being a die-hard fan throughout childhood, being a student, and now an alumni, but having the memories that I have and being able to watch the football program grow into what it is today has been truly amazing.  The fact that my family has full blown crazy tailgates for every game doesn't hurt either!

I was in the stands during games of complete disappointment through a 2-9 2001 season, but I was 11 and didn't know much about football. And then again in 2002 when the Scarlet Knights went 1-11.  I flew to Miami with my grandpa, aunt/uncle and cousins for the game against the Hurricanes in 2003.  I was there for the biggest win in school history when Rutgers beat Louisville, ranked #3 at the time, 28-25 on Thursday, November 9, 2006.  I also traveled to Houston, Texas with my dad and other family members for the 2006 Texas Bowl against Kansas State.  I was there throughout a devastating 2010 season of 4-8;  the season with no bowl invitation and when Eric LeGrand became paralyzed.  I have been there during the scorching hot days early in the season, and freezing cold ones towards the end.  I have stayed during rain, snow, and really any weather condition that presented itself on game day.  And I have taken numerous road trips to Syracuse, West Point (Army/ Dad's alma mater), Annapolis (Navy), etc, to cheer on the Scarlet Knights.  But most importantly, I'm here now, as Rutgers finished the 2012 season 9-3 with a devastating loss to Louisville and shared Big East Champion title, and after facing difficult times in the off season.  Rutgers is heading into their final season in the Big East/ American Conference before heading to the Big Ten.


To say that I love football and Rutgers, both together and separately, is the understatement of the century.  I could not be more happy, proud or excited to watch the team and program "KEEP CHOPPING"!  I also see some very fun road trips in the future once Rutgers is playing against those Big Ten teams!!! I've always wanted to go to "The Big House"!



I am so proud to be a part of the RFamily!


Love, Fun & Fotball

4 comments:

  1. That pic of you as a kid in the rutgers sweatshirt... tooo cute!!! I can't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a great post! I love that sign that you made for your parents on graduation day... I bet they loved it too!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Isn't is awesome how football is a family event?! My parents taught me young which teams to like and which teams to hate!! ;) So many fun pics.. I need to dig out some vintage Erin pics for my next football post! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so awesome to find a jersey gal! I don't go to the Rut but I love visiting there! ;) Now following so excited!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...