Monday, November 3, 2014

I Believe In The Underdog

I believe in the underdog.  I've always believed in the underdog, because more times than not, that's the team I've been rooting for.  One of the things I love most about College Football and sports in general is that on any given day an underdog can rise above.  Growing up a Rutgers fan I've been used to losing the rivalry games and being overwhelmed with pride and excitement when my team overcame adversity to come out on top.  It's really a great feeling, but ​this weekend I was on the other side of that spectrum as a Georgia Bulldog fan.

I took the trip to Jacksonville with tons of confidence it would be 4 in a row against the Florida Gators.  It was incredibly cold and windy- totally unexpected weather conditions. The Bulldogs scored first, as to be expected.  Then the Gators scored on a fake field goal attempt and just like that the momentum and atmosphere at Everbank Field completely changed.  I won't bore you with all the gory details- Georgia lost to Florida, 38-20.

The loss left a gut-wrenching feeling within me.  All the hype and excitement for what the rest of the season may hold was suddenly tarnished, yet again.  After losing our best player to a suspension and winning 2 games against teams that had a better chance of beating us, I couldn't believe the way this one unfolded.  And even more than that, I can't believe how quickly I got used to winning.  Or how fast I expected wins.  Like I said, that feeling's new.  And to be quite honest, I'm not sure which one I like more.

It's always fun to win, but it may be more fun to be the underdog and pull the upset.

No wait, it's definitely more fun to win, always! 

There's still plenty of time left for the College Football season to take a few more unexpected turns and I'm very excited for the ride.  It's not over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...