I'm the type of girl that always has to have her nails painted and I hate when they start chipping. I also like to constantly change my color and call it a win for the day if my outfit matches my nails. I don't have the time to redo my nails every few days when they start to chip so I've come up with a way to make my at home manicure last at least a week with no chips! You're Welcome!
At the start of your manicure make sure your nails are clean and prepped for painting. I usually start by doing minimal filing- I like to keep the length as much as possible so I usually just make sure they're all the same with a clean shape. Then I soak my nails in soap water for a few minutes before I push back and cut my cuticles. Clean nails/nail beds make it look like a professional manicure. Next I wash my hands and get ready to paint them.
Once I've picked my color, which could take longer than I'd care to admit, I apply two even coats of the color and let them dry before applying the top coat. The Top Coat. This may be the most important part. I have struggled with finding the perfect top coat, one that applies smoothly and isn't super sticky, if you know what I mean. The top coat I've fallen in love with is the Sally Hansen, Complete Salon Manicure, 170, Clear'd For Takeoff! Buy it. You won't be disappointed. As someone who doesn't really care for Sally Hansen polish, this is a good one.
Next I apply Julep Quick Dry Drops- which really do dry my nails incredibly quick.
BUT the real secret is what comes next. About 2-3 days later I apply another top coat to really seal the deal. This happens before my nails chip and makes sure they last a few more days.
The picture above was taken 5 days after I originally did my nails. After a weekend of football and tailgating my nails hadn't chipped and I added another coat to make sure they lasted a few more days!
Try this trick and let me know how it works for you!



No comments:
Post a Comment