Monday, March 16, 2015

The Best Manicure I've Ever Gotten


Manicures are my thing.  Usually I prefer to do them myself at home because I like to change my color often and I hate when my nails start chipping, especially if I've paid for it.  Doing my nails is relaxing.  Drink some wine, watch trashy TV, give myself a manicure- perfect night in my book.  Pedicures are a different story, I prefer to get those done.

When I was preparing to go on Spring Break to Cabo, I decided to go get a manicure along with the pedicure I desperately needed.  I picked a hot pink color I planned to get on both my hands and feet.  I really loved the color, but as the girl was finishing up my pedicure I noticed she was having trouble.  Turns out there was barely any paint left in the bottle and of course that was the last one in the salon.  She was able to finish my toes, but she wouldn't be able to do my nails the same.  I looked for another color, but couldn't find something I liked and didn't want something that would totally clash with my toes.  I decided to get a traditional french, which I very rarely get.

I couldn't have been happier with my decision.  It was the best manicure ever.  I felt like I had just gotten a brand new set of acrylic nails, but it was just my real nails.  The paint job was so good.  They used all OPI polishes, not gel!

His technique was different than I'd seen before and was so skeptical at first.  After he cleaned, cut and filed my nails and cuticles he added a base coat to half of my nail.  He then painted that half of my nail with regular pure white nail polish, it was not airbrushed or applied with a really thin brush.  At this point I was thinking, "umm thats a lot of white".  He then took a flat, but pretty thick brush, dipped it in nail polish remover and shaped the white part to look like a traditional manicure.  Once he was done with that he added two coats of a slightly tinted base to the bottom portion of my nails before adding two top coats over the whole nail.

I totally love the pale pink/ivory nail trend, but there's something so classic about a french manicure.  I was sooooo happy with this manicure I couldn't stop looking at it or obsessing over it for days.

 photo post signature_zpsyd6xzwtd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...