I landed just before 10am on Friday and immediately headed to get my haircut. I get haircuts pretty regularly, about every 4-6 months, and still prefer going to my "regular" girl at home. During the 15 months since I left home I got one haircut by a recommended hairdresser and cried. He just didn't understand what I like or my hair at all. My girl gets me. I generally get the same cut every time. She knows the way I like my layers and that I trust her to take off what she needs without me feeling like she cut my ponytail in half. She knows I like angles around my face but that it must be able to go back in a ponytail. She has also taught me how to style my hair and does a perfect job for me, that I don't feel like I have to re-do it once I leave. The haircut was a big priority on this trip since I could feel it getting heavier and flatter by the day-- it was getting impossible to work with.
After my haircut on Friday I headed to New Jersey to meet up with my cousins and sister before our night out in NYC. We had snacks and cocktails then went for manicures, came back to get ready and drove to the city.
We met up with my friends from college for dinner at The Stanton Social on the Lower East Side! I had never been to The Stanton Social before- it was recommended to me from a friend, and let me tell you it was A-MAZING!!!! Since we had a large group we had a pre-set menu of 7 different appetizers and 2 desserts. They were just phenomenal and we left with extremely full stomachs. The cocktails were delicious too! We even had birthday cake shots that were ice cream and Maker's Mark with sprinkles covered rims- it seriously couldn't have been better!
After dinner we headed back to our hotel in TriBeCa where our guy friends were waiting for us! We had a few more drinks there before heading to the Whiskey Tavern. I seriously had the best time with them. I love how we don't see each other for a while, but pick up as if I just saw them yesterday. They're forever friends and I'm so grateful for it!
Saturday morning we left NYC and headed straight for my cousins' lacrosse game! I love getting to watch my younger cousins play sports and had to fit their game in when I had the chance.
After the game, my cousin Kate and I grabbed lunch at WaWa before heading back to my house for the rest of the weekend. WaWa has the best sandwiches and couldn't pass it up while I was home. I had to get my fix, especially since there's nothing like it in the south!
I spent Saturday afternoon with my girlfriends from home at a local winery. It's a simple place, but so fun. The best part is you get to taste as much as you want and pour your own for only $6! We then headed into town for appetizers and more cocktails.
Saturday night I spent with my family at home.
Easter Sunday we went to church, had the family over, and did a massive Easter egg hunt before I had to leave to head back to Georgia.
It was the perfect, jam-packed weekend! I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to come home to. My heart is full. Also, I need to get better at picture taking… sigh!


No comments:
Post a Comment