Thursday, April 2, 2015

25 Before 25 Update | Happy Birthday to Me!

Just before my 23rd Birthday I made a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 25.  I took the list seriously for about 6 months and then kinda forgot about it.  Now that I'm celebrating my 25th birthday, (today in fact, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!) I wanted to see if I accomplished any of those things I wanted to do before now...

1.  Move South of the Mason Dixon 
Yup!!!!! I moved to Louisiana and now live in Georgia.  I've loved every bit of my 1.5+ years in the south.  

2.  Land a job that I love and look forward to going to everyday 
I love my job and I love the plans I have for my career!  It's definitely something I enjoy and I look forward to the future.  

3.  Sky Dive

4.  Run a Half Marathon

5.  Lose 20+ lbs and keep it off!! 
Well I definitely think I gained weight after originally writing this goal, but have since lost at least 20 lbs, so I'd say this is a win! :)  Still ways to go, though!

6.  Go to the Kentucky Derby! 
Yes Yes Yes!!! And I can't wait to go again!!!!

7.  Do something nice for my parents to show my appreciation for them 
Well, I get half a check for this.  I took my dad to the Kentucky Derby!  I bought the tickets, told him to take off work and we road tripped to Kentucky!  It was a great daddy/daughter weekend!  I have to do something nice like that for my mom! :)  I've also sent them a few cards to just say thanks, but that's something I should do.

8.  Go on a vacation/getaway with my sisters
This didn't happen.  But we did go on a vacation just the 5 of us to Cabo.  Just the 5 of us rarely happens and it was sooo much fun!

9.  Be mindful of my spending.  Budget. 
It's better but still a work in progress.

10.  Travel to another country 
I went back to Mexico, just a few weeks ago actually.  It wasn't a country I hadn't been to before, but I guess I wasn't too specific.  I am traveling to France, Germany & Austria later this Spring so I'm saying this counts!

11.  Go on a hike 
Ughh does a hike up the Delaware Water Gap count?  Jury's still out on that one....

12.  Become a decent cook

13.  Go to the Rodeo

14.  Learn to play guitar
Bought the guitar, still don't know how to play it...

15.  Donate or volunteer for a good cause
I'm really disappointed that this one didn't happen, there's no excuse for that..

17.  Go to a Vineyard/Wine Tasting 
I went to a local winery with my friends with a $6 tasting.  It was such a fun girls day!

18.  Make a decision about pursuing Grad School 
Made that decision.  I'm currently in grad school! 

19.  Go Sailing/ Learn to Sail

20.  Take a photography class

21.  Take a trip with all of my college roommates

22.  Take control of my hoarding tendencies

23.  Learn to have patience 
I'd say this too is a work in progress but I'm definitely getting better and I think I can attribute that to living in the south.  The other day I waited in the turning lane and watched as the arrow turned green and no one went or even beeped until the light turned yellow.  If that's not patience, I don't know what is.

24.  Have a sense of where my future is headed 
I'd say that I definitely have a better handle on my future than I did when I was 22, but the future is still very unknown and I'm okay with that.  I'm learning to trust Him more and follow his path.  I do know that the future is something I'm excited about..

25.  Stop and Enjoy life more often 
I definitely appreciate the little things.  Life is a precious gift!  I try my best to be grateful everyday!

So I completed about half.  I still hope to cross off those things I didn't do by the time my 25th birthday rolled around.  Maybe I'll make a 30 before 30 list and see how many of those I accomplish.

 photo post signature_zpsyd6xzwtd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...