Monday, April 1, 2013

Music Review: Brantley Gilbert

Brantley Gilbert is someone whose name you're hearing a lot more of lately in the Country Music world.  To be honest, I thought Brantley was a lot newer than he actually is.  He's not really someone I've been keeping up with. Whoops.

Turns out, Halfway to Heaven is his sophomore album and didn't come out as recently as I thought it did.  Regardless of its release date, it is a great album.  I downloaded it several weeks ago and can't seem to get enough of it.  Literally listening to it non-stop!  I tend to do this with albums that totally catch my ear!- like Jason Aldean in general or his most recent album, Night Train and Chris Young's Neon.  I love an artist that produces an album that is the whole package- having no urge to skip songs.  That's how I feel about Brantley's Halfway to Heaven album.  Don't get me wrong there are songs I like better than others but it is a great download and worth every cent.

You have also heard Brantley's work through the voices of other artists including Jason Aldean and Colt Ford.  Brantley co-wrote and recorded the songs later recorded by Jason Aldean including Dirt Road Anthem, My Kinda Party, and The Best of Me

Brantley was recently nominated for CMA New Artist of the Year, ACA Single of the Year: Breakthrough Artist ("You Don't Know Her Like I Do"), and most recently, ACM New Male Vocalist (which will air on April 7th!).  He has also head-lined his first tour and signed a contract with Mountain Dew to be a part of some of their upcoming projects.  

Besides Brantley's songs that you might of heard from Halfway to Heaven including You Don't Know Her Like I Do, My Kind of Crazy, and Country Must Be Country Wide, these songs are among my favorites of the album:

His newest single:  More Than Miles



Back in the Day


Saving Amy



Bottom line, if you're into rock and country music Brantley is a perfect mix of the two and defintely worth a listen.  

Let me know what you think of him! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...