Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game Experience

This weekend marked the start of the 2013 College Football season and as you know, I could not be more excited!!!

This weekend I had the opportunity to work in the Press Box of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game!!!  I met the people of the Chick-fil-A Bowl at the SEC Media Days and they invited me to attend their game in Atlanta.  It was such a wonderful day and I am so grateful for this experience.   


 I arrived at the Georgia Dome at 10:30 a.m. ready to work all sorts of game day operations from set-up, to social media, Press Box operations, etc.


The morning consisted of getting the press box ready.  We put out programs, name cards, information packets, media guides, etc for everyone "press" related.

Things settled down for us, and people started arriving- the media & fans.  The Georgia Dome became packed with people in both Crimson and Orange.  Then the teams made their entrances while Chick-fil-A cows parachuted from the "sky" and the game got underway.


Embedded image permalink
via
The game started out with Virginia Tech going 0-3 and Alabama answered with a kickoff return for a touchdown by Christion Jones.  What a start!  Virginia Tech struggled to make it down the field barely passing the 40 yard line.  Alabama scored again, Virginia Tech answered with a touchdown of their own and the Dome was the quietest it was all day.  BAMA fans were shocked the game wouldn't be a shut out.  

Alabama's offense looked less than National Championship material, but had great assistance from Christion Jones on special teams as he scored another touchdown on a Kickoff return.   At halftime Crimson Tide led the Hokies, 28-10. 

The second half was a bit of a snooze fest with Alabama and Virginia Tech punting back and forth.  Though Alabama came out with a win (35-10) and ultimately got to wear the Old Leather Helmet (a Chick-fil-A Bowl Tradition) their quest for a three-peat needs some convincing.  For their sake, let's hope this bye week is used to clean up the basics before they face Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M.  We all know Alabama is going to be looking for some revenge and after the way Johnny's been acting lately, he deserves it!
Embedded image permalink
via
 While watching the game I also served as a liaison to the University of Alabama Sports Information Staff.  I made sure that they had anything they needed.  When they wanted to distribute stats, I made sure everyone in the press box received them.  When they had a question, if I didn't know the answer, I found someone who did.  I loved doing this because I could still watch the game and formed relationships while doing it!  :)

After the game I got quotes from the players to be used for media purposes!  It was such a fun day and a wonderful event to be a part of!  I can't wait for the next one! :)

Kay Bee Elle

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing!! I cannot wait to see what you do with your future. #rockstar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...