Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Drew!

Today would have been Drew's 13th Birthday.  He would've been a teenager and I can't believe it.  These last few months have been hard, especially the holidays, but today is a different kind of hard.  We always celebrated Drew's birthday big.  Big party.  Big balloons.  Big cake.  So to honor his birthday I wanted to do something special, especially since I knew I wouldn't be with my family today.
I knew I wanted to make 13 of something and send them to families who love and were inspired by Drew.  I got really upset a few times when trying to think of an idea because nothing I was coming up with seemed "good enough".  Then when I got the idea to make candles, I cried.  I love burning candles and my collection is excessive.  But more importantly, Drew's favorite part about anyone's birthday, especially his own, was blowing out the candles.  So sending everyone a homemade candle to light in honor of Drew's birthday or whenever they're thinking of him was perfect.  I know he would have loved it.
Happy Birthday, in heaven, Sweet Angel! We're all blowing out your candles with you in our hearts.  I hope you're celebrating by running, jumping, dancing, belly-laughing and playing with the hose!  I miss you terribly! XOXO
 photo post signature_zpsyd6xzwtd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...