Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My First Y'all

January 22, 2015- a date which will live in infamy.  Okay, so it's not actually that dramatic.  But on January 22nd I caught myself saying something I had never knowingly said before.

It was a Thursday night in Athens.  The Lady Bulldogs were playing the Aggies of Texas A&M with hopes of extending their at-home winning streak to 12.  Georgia fought hard against their No. 10 ranked opponent and sealed the win in the final seconds of the game with a final score of 54-51.  It was exciting!  The type of buzzer beater us sports fans love, especially when your team is the underdog and they come out on top!

We conducted post game interviews with smiles on our faces and excitement for what this season might bring.  Things winded down as our team was getting ready to call it a night and just like that I said, "bye y'all" as I was walking out of the media room at Stegeman Colosseum.

I think I gasped.  It was the first time I heard myself say y'all so involuntarily.  It just came out like word vomit!  I'm not sure if anyone else noticed the difference between my "y'all" and normal "you guys", but I sure did!  After 12 months of living in the south, y'all effortlessly came out of my mouth.  I'm not saying that it's going to be a regular thing, but I can't say I'll stop it!  Here's to continuing to embrace the southern culture I love so much!

 photo post signature_zpsyd6xzwtd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...