Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mood Changers

 We all have off/ bad days and yesterday was one for me.  I can't put my finger on what exactly it was but I literally just wanted to go home and go to bed.  Obviously I didn't do that.  I don't think I've gone to bed before 10 o'clock since l was in the 6th grade.  But here are some things that changed my mood around...


I am obsessed with Duck Dynasty.  Honestly this is new for me.  I never thought I'd loveeeee a show about rednecks with big, hairy beards, who hunt anything and everything.  But I do.  They're literally hilarious.  I don't remember what got me to start watching.  But the fact that 11.8 million some odd people watched the premier of the season is a little intriguing, regardless, I'm hooked.  Within minutes of starting any episode I am hysterically laughing.  It was a total mood changer and I was instantly laughing and happy!  :) 

Side note:  The first time I made my dad watch it he said if I don't laugh within the first 10 minutes, I'm changing it.  He laughed.  and laughed again.  He isn't as hooked as I am, but he'll watch it.  My mom is just as obsessed as I am. 


Music can usually cure anything for me... Happy, listen to music.  Sad, listen to music.  Mad, listen to music.  While listening to Pandora, Keith Urban's new single, We Were Us with Miranda Lambert came on and I found myself moving to the beat and smiling.  The beat, the contrast of Miranda and Keith, the lyrics.  It changed my mood.  I loved that song the first time I heard it and now love it even more.  I will be doing a complete review on Keith Urban's new album Fuse, very soon, so stay tuned!



Like I said, there was nothing in particular that put me in my little funk yesterday, maybe it was a number of things piling up.   But this morning I had a nice email from a friend complimenting and encouraging me, which was so nice!  Then, I got to the office and had a nice note from one of my bosses in my inbox.  It was random and he was just letting me know that he appreciated me.  It was extremely thoughtful of him and definitely brightened the start of today even more!

Do you watch Duck Dynasty?! What are some mood changers for you?!


1 comment:

  1. Love it :) I have only watched a couple episodes of DD, but I did like it!! I'm not hooked, but I can see how you would be :) And there is nothing like blaring the radio on the way home from a bad day at work and just jamming out to some good music.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...