Week One. Georgia Dome. Alabama vs Virginia Tech.
I went to the Chick-fil-A Bowl Kick-off Game and watched Alabama's sub-par performance, but ultimately beat Virginia Tech. I worked with the Communications Department in the Press Box of the game and served as the liaison to the University of Alabama Sports Information staff. Literally, for someone who wants to work in sports, this was amazing!!!! Read more about it here.
Week Two. High Points Solutions Stadium. Rutgers vs Norfolk.
Week Three. Beaver Stadium. Penn State vs UCF.
My sister is a freshman at Penn State and great family friends of ours go there/went there/ are die hard fans. We planned this weekend trip to State College, PA back in February. No joke. We had a Mega-tailgate. The tailgate was 10 cars wide, had about 60-75 people and started at 10 a.m. for a 6 o'clock kick-off. WE. DON'T. MESS. AROUND. Most importantly, it was great to see my sister and spend the weekend with life-long, childhood friends.![]() |
| The picture on the left is us in 1994. My youngest sister, the freshman in college, wasn't even born yet!! |
Week Four. High Point Solutions Stadium. Rutgers vs Arkansas.
Like I said, my family goes to every Rutgers home game and loves a good tailgate. This tailgate was even bigger than the one for Norfolk State. We started early, played way too many drinking games and cheered for the Scarlet Knights as they beat Arkansas, 28-24. I know it's only Arkansas, but it's still fun that RU beat an SEC team!!
Week Five. Sanford Stadium. Georgia vs LSU.
I'm working on taking one more road trip this season (maybe two) on top of going to the rest of the Rutgers home games for the season!!! So stay tuned for that! :)
OMG!!! This was the best College Football experience I have ever had & technically my first SEC game!!! I've been to a numberrrr of college campuses over the years and this is, by far, the most beautiful one I've ever been too. Not only that, the town of Athens is just amazing. I was literally in awe! And that was just Friday. Then Saturday came and that love and infatuation from Friday just grew. I went to the set of ESPN College GameDay and watched the hype and production of a show I've been a fan of, live! It was so much fun being there for that. The atmosphere in Athens on game day was unbelievable. There was never a dull moment during the game either. Both UGA and LSU played great offense, but the lack of defense is what made it such a high scoring, nail-biter of a game! The Dawgs came out on top over the Tigers, 44-41, and the stadium went nuts!!! WHAT A GAME and great win for UGA. Go Dawgs, Sic 'Em!
I'm working on taking one more road trip this season (maybe two) on top of going to the rest of the Rutgers home games for the season!!! So stay tuned for that! :)









Love this post! So envious of your college football adventures!!
ReplyDelete