For a while I've been trying to strengthen my relationship with the Lord- trying to seek Him in all that I do and relying on his guidance instead of my own wants and needs. I've been trying to attend more church services and read more scripture- to just be better in my faith.
Lauren's book was the perfect book for me at this point. It reassured me that God knows my mistakes, my attempts to seek Him, and most importantly, my heart. He loves me no matter what and always forgives me for what I may consider short-comings. Lauren simply says that God's love is something we never have to worry about because Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice and that we'll have eternal life with Him! I know this. I've known all of this since I was little, but Lauren's book explained and made me understand it in a different way with real stories and analysis of his word.
Lauren draws a clear picture that God cares about our heart and that we're all beautiful in His eyes. I was reminded to look to Him in all things, good and bad. To look to Him in pain and to let Him heal. To look to Him in love and let it be centered around Him. To look to Him in happiness and know He hears my beaming heart. To look to Him for answers, knowing He hears my questions. To follow His plan, because it's better than the one I could make for myself. To believe in answered prayers. To see myself as God sees me and not by the way I view myself in the mirror (or how I compare myself to others). God listens to our complaints and helps us understand through his word.
I definitely read this book quicker than it was intended, but I just couldn't stop. I was hungry to hear the stories of God's love spelled out for me on these pages. I'm excited to go back and reflect on what I've learned and how my beautiful heart is for God with the discussions Lauren has laid out at the end of every chapter.
My beautiful heart is changed. & if you're looking for a little inspiration I highly recommend reading this book. Your beautiful heart may be changed too!


No comments:
Post a Comment