I've wanted to live in the south for as long as I can remember. Actually, probably ever since I saw Sweet Home Alabama. That movie instantly became one of my favorites and still is today. I loved the way Melanie took off to a whole new world and then realized she still had a soft spot for home, too. That movie taught me about having roots & wings, I've wanted both ever since. I'm the opposite of Melanie though, I grew up in the North and have been dying to get to the South. I didn't grow up in the city, but lived close enough to New York City and Philadelphia to love and experience them often. I appreciate and embrace the chaos. The simplicity, charm and hospitality of the south is what I've been missing. When I didn't go to college down here, I knew I'd be moving asap after graduation. My friends even called me a Southern Belle all throughout college and I kinda loved it. I'm finally here and love every minute of it. So, am I southern yet?
I drink sweet tea. Am I southern yet?
I put fresh flowers in a mason jar. Am I southern yet?
I drink out of mason jars. Am I southern yet?
I'm obsessed with College Football. Am I southern yet?
I root for an SEC team. Am I southern yet?
I eat fried pickles. Am I southern yet?
I now teeze my hair. Am I southern yet?
I occasionally have chicken biscuits for breakfast. Am I southern yet?
Whiskey is my drink of choice. Am I southern yet?
I've waited patiently at a green light for the cars in front of me to go without beeping. Am I southern yet?
I dream of having a beautiful porch swing. Am I southern yet?
I have more than one pair of cowboy boots and more on my wish list! Am I southern yet?
I started saying "y'all". Am I southern yet?



No comments:
Post a Comment